Wednesday 15 February 2012

Maybelline Superstay 24hr DuelEnded Lip Colour Review




I don’t tend to wear colour on my lips and if I ever do it’s a very light pink. I don’t know what it is but I have never thought bright, dark or any kind of colour that stands out looks good on my lips. In the past I have wore red lipstick on a night out but when looking at pictures from those nights it makes me looked washed out and all the fullness from my lips evaporates and I end up with tiny lips. Because of this I never buy any colours I am not familiar with. Luckily for me my house mate is always buying new lipsticks and when we were getting ready for CARNAGE on Sunday night I borrowed one of hers.


Maybelline Superstay 24hr DuelEnded Lip Colour is in my opinion, an amazing product. The only problem with this review is I didn’t exactly use it properly. The product has two parts to it, the colour on one side and lip gloss on the other...my friend had lost the lip gloss part and I had used the colour not even realising there was meant to be lip gloss with it!! Nevertheless the colour was amazing! And I think I preferred it without the gloss anyway as I don’t like my lips being sticky. The colour is called ‘Raspberry’ and it didn’t make me look washed out or take away any of the fullness from my lips!! It dried really quickly and stayed that way all night!! (That means no top ups!). My friend wore gloss with the colour that night and looking through the pictures of her it appears that the gloss stayed on all night too. I’m however not sure if the colour would stay on for 24 hours as I would never wear this colour in the day, but it defiantly stayed on all night and it was still there when I woke up in the morning.  My only issues with the product is that when I used a makeup wipe the colour didn’t come off completely, if I had to go somewhere the next day I wouldn’t have been happy with the way my lips looked. My other problem with the product is the price. It is £8.99 and being a very poor student there is no way I can afford this and if I’m honest there doesn’t appear to be a great amount of the lip colour in the pot....I guess I will add it to my wish list and hope my lovely boyfriend offers to buy it for me ;)

My camera is broke at the minute so rather than taking pictures especially for this review I have included pictures from the night I wore it out. The pictures show me and my friend who also wore the colour with the gloss so you can see how it looked with and without the gloss. 

3 comments:

  1. This colour looks lovely one you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow its such a lovely colour and looks so nice on you! Looks like you had a great night! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete