Sunday 27 January 2013

Plum Flushed - Maybelline Color Sensational





I'm really glad I tried this lip pen on a night out before writing a review! I have wanted a dark pink/purple lip colour for a while now. I prefer my lip colour to be matte so this one seemed like the right one. I chose 'Color Sensational' by Maybelline in shade 380-Plum Flushed.

My first problem was that I feel like I'm applying way more of the product to get the right colour than I should be, but once I got the colour right I really loved it. It's more pink than I had wanted but It still looked really nice (I didn't realise how dried out it made my lips look until I saw pictures.)

Even with a colour protector over the top I found that very quickly the colour would be almost all gone from my lips and I would constantly be re-applying. I ended up going over the colour with another lipstick my friend had half way through the night because I got so fed up with re-applying only for it to come off straight away.

If the colour stayed on longer and if it applied better, then  I would be very happy with the lip pen. It smells AMAZING (raspberry yum!) which though it isn't something I look for was nice nonetheless.  For £5.99 I don't think it was very worth it. (waaaa)

What lip pens have you tried that have been good?

1 comment:

  1. shame it didn't work out for you, great review though!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete