Friday 1 June 2012

Summer Spending OOTD


I’m back!!(I hope) The plan was that when I finished my second year if uni I would be back to blogging, but it didn’t turn out that way. Three weeks later and all I have done is lay around and have fun, but now I am finally back with a little outfit post which I love!

For a while I have been going on about finding a plain black maxi dress. However my bank balance is very low as I still haven’t found a summer job, so I was ok that I had not found a dress. Last weekend I went home to visit mother dearest and I came across this dress in H&M. It is basically exactly what I was looking for. The material is soft, similar to what a normal top would be made out of. What I am trying to say it looks very casual. For only £12.99 I just couldn’t resist, in my eyes that is quite a bargain. I had planned from the start to pair my dress with a thin brown belt and brown sandals, which I did. I forgot to take a picture of the sandals but they are from Primark and only £5 (perfect for my bank balance).

I have always feared that a maxi dress would make me look short. I am only 5’5 and though I don’t feel short a lot of people say I am. Fortunately this dress did the exact opposite and makes my legs look very long. Wearing the belt quite high up helped with this. I also found that as the belt pulled the dress in slightly which was very flattering and made me look super skinny.

As soon as I bought the dress I text my house mate and told her of my naughty purchase and she replied “That’s ok because you have really wanted one,” that wasn’t a very good justification of my naughtiness for my mum but it was certainly enough for me!

Thank you for bearing with me while I have been being lazy! Has anybody else found any cheap summer buys?

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I really want a maxi dress, but I'm not sure whether I can pull it off or not, you certainly can though! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm glad I kept reading 'cause I was going to ask how tall you are lol, I'm only 5"4 and it is literally the hardest thing finding a maxi dress that wont trip me up or look like I'm wearing a wedding train (envision Kate middletons wedding train aha)! I'll definitely have to give H&M a go now, I got disheartened from buying them after one from Republic absolutely drowned me!

    Alice

    www.SecretsOfAWannabeCharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete